Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Detour... What?

On Wednesdays I travel to the big city to the southwest.  Today... I was late.  Today... there was a carnival in town.  Today... the carnival was set up on Main Street.  Today... I had to take a detour.  Today... I was mad.  But wait... today... ON WEDNESDAY... there was a garage sale!  A garage sale on Wednesday? Unheard of! The stars were aligned and I spotted this sweet little dresser. 

Suddenly, I wasn't so late.



$15.00 later - she was mine!

  The gentleman that sold her to me was so proud of the way he had refinished the old girl - stripped - sanded - sanded some more - painted - painted - and painted again.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that she was going to my garage to be abused by an electric sander and stripped of that beeeaaauuutiful brass hardware.



I did just that.  The handles were too gold and the paint was too perfect.  In a matter of an hour, the finish was now less than perfect.  Then I went over the bare wood spots with wood stain in one of my favorite Min-Wax colors - "Gunstock".  {My other favorite is "Early American"}

When all was dry, I gave it a good polish with this amazing stuff -


We sprayed the drawers with Febreeze and then painted the drawer pulls with "Oil-Rubbed Bronze" spray paint.


Fabulous!



With any luck, she'll be resting comfortably in her new home by tomorrow afternoon.


Detours are awesome!
Blessings - B


No comments: