Sunday, June 5, 2011

Whatcha Gonna Give?

SATURDAY...
I went to an auction! 
First one in a couple of years.  I'm absolutely GIDDY! 
Kids 1, 2, & 3 had the morning off so they went along to find some kitchen ware for their playhouse.  Number 4 helped Dad fence and #5 would have rather been in a tractor but she had no choice but to go with us.  She's easy to keep entertained with a bag of Cheetos.  I remember early in my mothering career, the statement that I just made would have been inconceivable.  Let my child eat less than nutritious snacks... I think not!  Thank goodness I've relaxed. 
Anyway, on to the good stuff.

For $21.00 we came home with these treasures:
Let's begin with our big purchase of the day coming in at $10-
Mike was soooo excited when he saw my "bolt bin".  Then he was a little disappointed when I shared my thoughts of how pretty my fat quarters would be when arranged neatly inside.
I love the Sioux Steel stamp on the side.



This cute clock was in the same pile of stuff with the bin.  Doesn't work but I liked the face.


One wire freezer basket with a bunch of old tools in it for a dollar and a tall skinny freezer basket with a few other things in it for a dollar.  They're nice and rusty.  Gonna be cute with a muslin or canvas liner for toys and books and stuff.



I fought for this precious storage unit... $4!  
Not quite tall enough for a nightstand but fun sitting on top of another table for storage. 
Needs a bath. 


divided drawers....

... a few extra seed peas if anyone needs some...


...my hand model...


...still the cute 2 year old...

...copper drawer pulls...

I had to give $3 for this cool tool box.
There's a board nailed to the side???  That's coming off tomorrow.


Inside the box were some squares of sheet metal - I'm thinkin' 4-H project.  I'll let ya know.
{I just liked this pic beside my old bike!}

For ONE DOLLAR kids can furnish the entire kitchen of their playhouse.  They were thrilled!!  They played in the grass with their treasures while Mom watched the rest of the sale.
Some people were so kind as to give them unwanted items out of the boxes they had purchased.


Dad needed one or two to help him when we got home.  They decided they'd all help Dad to make it go faster so they could come back and set up shop. 
(Sometimes they work together without being told.)


One last "dollar" item... a box of sewing supplies.  Helloo.. the duct tape was worth the dollar.
There's a glue gun, old buttons, lots of thread, velcro, and so many needles that I'll never have to buy another.




That's my fun Saturday.

I see 90 degree weather is headed our way. 
Tomorrow's project is the shaving of the 140 pound Newfoundland! 
Doesn't he look excited?
He'll be happier when it's over.


I don't know what kind of gross stuff is under his chin but it's coming off too.

Say a prayer for the people dealing with the water.

Blessings-
B



No comments: