Thursday, October 11, 2012

Best Friend Pillows

I had these ugly pillows that needed a new look.  I never enjoyed making pillow covers because I don't like to hand sew the opening together...LaZy!!
 
But NOW ... NOW  I've learned to make them envelope-style and every throw pillow in my house is being recovered.  Easy peasy.
 

 Using the custom paper size option with Microsoft Publisher, I came up with just the right size creature I wanted on each pillow.
 

When you print it looks like the "tiles" below.
Then tape the tiles together, transfer to Ultra Heat-n-Bond (I have an unhealthy loving relationship with this stuff), cut out of desired fabric, and iron that baby on to your pillow cover.  I used black duck cloth on blue and white ticking.  I also stitched around my dogs...just because.  Don't really need to stitch with the Ultra stuff.  As a matter of fact, every REAL seamstress out there is saying right now, "Can't believe she sewed through Ultra Heat-n-Bond.  That stuff will gunk up her needle somethin' terrible."  I know and the needle has been replaced.
 
 
 And here we have Tess, our Golden Retreiver, and Woody, our Newfoundland.
  
 
...a great accent to the boys' beds.
 
Becky

1 comment:

Janet said...

I find it really odd that you will tediously stitch around these really detailed pictures but you find it too difficult to hand stitch a throw pillow. Maybe it's just me?? Love you!