Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Box

I am so trying to hold back the spirit of Christmas that is trying to rip through my fall decor...it's tough, but so far I have managed.  I've done this by concentrating on other things that have been making me crazy.  Current obsession is this hutch in our kitchen.  It needed something on top - of course it did!  {notice all the crap laying around it and on it and in it?  That's where I'm tryin' to be real! -ha - like it was staged.}

This weekend we built this box

By no means is it perfect.  It doesn't even have a real back.  Use what ya have.


And then with my brand new CRICUT  (yes, I have a CRICUT!  I can't eat lunch for a good 6-8 months but, by golly, I can cut paper!)...I cut out these letters-


To be totally cliche I chose black GINGHAM scrapbook paper and Mod Podged them onto my box.


I don't particularly care for Mod Podge - notice the sheen in only certain places - UGH!  Makes me question my crafting ability... again, keepin' it real!


With the addition of the dried hydrangeas {from Miss Pam's Garden}, I think I may be in love.  I know it's a bit country but I like it just the same. 
As you can see in the next photos, I am fond of dried hydrangeas.




This pic also shows my love for old suitcases.  This little treasure has a place in my heart because of his rope handle.  Was his owner embarrassed to take this on the train or was he proud of those mighty fine knots he tied?
Blessings-B

3 comments:

Sassmaster said...

OMG, every time I see the Cricut commercial I think "B should totally have one of those" Ha! Awesome.

Hey, have you ever tried just using Elmer's glue instead of Modge Podge? Way cheaper! If you thin it out with a little water, it works well. I covered a whole bookcase and it went on pretty well.

B said...

I am all over the Elmer's glue. I bought like 20 bottles of the stuff for 10 cents each at Wal-Mart after "Back To School". Great Idea!
I knew nothing about the Cricut until a few weeks ago while I was feeding #5 and watching an INFOMERCIAL!!! I fell in love and became obsessed. Bring some paper for T-Day - you can play!

Anonymous said...

How does Miss P grow them SOOO big. You'll have to get her secret and share it with me! SDakotaSue