Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent Tree

Remember last week when I said I'd post photos of the Advent Tree "tomorrow"?  Sorry for the delay, but here it is...
Start with some branches from your back yard.  Then grab your "big gulp" cup from your morning 44 ounce Diet Coke (what? doesn't everyone drink 44 ounces of Diet Coke every morning?).  Mix up a little "Qwik Crete".  {Much cheaper than plaster of paris}  Stick your branches in and let it dry.  Obviously, from this photo, I didn't have enough branches for my liking.  So I used newspaper to shove some more in the pot.

I spray painted my branches and pot a few shades of gold.  I plan to use it for next years Gratitude Tree at Thanksgiving.

Then I printed out all the "Advent Activities" and put them on pretty paper - stuff 'em in pretty little numbered envelopes...

Hang 'em on the tree...

Wrap the bigger gifts and you have the makings of a joyous-Christmas-memory-filled 24 days. 
That sounds a bit sappy. 
Let's try this approach: 
You have the makings of some holiday fun in between the day to day fights and chaos.

Blessings- B

No comments: