Sunday, January 24, 2010

Be Mine

I love to do all these creative things for seasonal decorating but...
WHERE DO YOU PUT ALL OF THIS CRAP?
It's dangerous to open any of our closets and the garage is beginning to look like Sanford & Son.
That aside, a couple of Valentine/Winter projects from the kitchen:


These are made from 2 layers of either red ticking or muslin with a layer of batting in between.  I stained them with a mixture of coffee, vanilla, nutmeg, and anything else that smelled good.  THEN - I found these fabulous sheets of canvas that you can use with your printer.  Voila- the little labels sewn to the hearts.

These are just artists' canvas that I covered with scrapbook paper and then used the
Cricut to add the X and the O.

This I made last winter.  It's suppose to have lots more embroidery and embellishments but I'm not one for too much bling.  I like the little guys just the way they are.  The pattern came from this book-

I've spent the last 2 days painting the dining room a deep chocolatey brown.  Pics to follow sometime this week.  The winter is getting long and I see fault with every room in the house.  M doesn't understand that there IS a statute of limitations on paint color.  Boys! Ugh!

Blessings-B

2 comments:

Janet said...

This is what I think...
1) I MUST get me one of those cricut things!
2) Need to know what exact color of "Chocolatey Brown" you are using. We have a bezilllion "chocolate" color swatches laid out for the living/dining room right now!
3) When on earth do you find time to do all those adorable projects of yours?!??!
4) Are you for hire?!?!?!

Love you!
J

B said...

1.The Cricut is addicting and you would LOVE it!
2.Grizzly Bear Brown from Benjamin Moore - I took my new rug to the paint store and said "What do I do?" and she said "Grizzly Bear Brown" and I said "OK". Simple story - I did not argue - I let the professional pick. Can you believe that I gave up control?
3.I do these things during TV/Nap time. I have this NEED to be creative.

4.Unfortunately, due to a back up of my own projects, I am not for hire. However, I'd love to feel your pain and listen to your decision making woes.
5.I wish I lived closer so we could stay up ALL night and paint YOUR beautiful shade of brown.
XO - B