Friday, February 26, 2010

Chirp

Will spring EVER come? 
It was almost 30 today!! #1 and #2 helped Dad work cattle this morning and #3 and #4 played outside for a little while.
This kid could live in the sandbox.  You leave him there in the morning and he would still be there at supper time.  He NEEDS spring to come.  His haven is under 3 feet of snow - he'll settle for mud and ice for now.

This week while #5's been sick, I took the opportunity to finally put away the rest of the winter stuff and get out a few signs of spring. 
I needed something for the top of the hutch in the mudroom...
A BIRDHOUSE!
# 1 & # 2 helped me build this little beauty this afternoon.  It's by no means perfect.  We used scrap barn wood and sanded of the visible bird poop!


And now the WOW factor-

Look at these cute little lights.  Can you even see them?
They look like branches with rice lights on the ends.  I stuck 'em in a fake ivy bush.  
I think it looks quite homey!
I got them at one of my many favorite quilt shops.  Let me know if anyone needs some.  $24 each - I think.
*Country Decor Tip - Put indoor decorative lights on timers*

Ever wonder what to do with that large glass jar you have sitting in the garage/attic/shop/shed/barn?  Put dog bones in it!  That's if you have a dog, of course!

Have a great weekend!

Blessings-B

1 comment:

Janet said...

Whew... I thought that was a jar full of candy at first til you said it was dog treats! I was wondering how you kept it so full with a family of 7 going in and out and in and out... Maybe SUPERGLUE the lid on to keep everyone out?!?! Ha! Dog treats make more sense!

Cute bird house. Nice to get out of the house for a project and not freeze your @*% off for a change!

Hugs!
J