Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mom Tip #252

Anyone out there working on "Timed Math Facts"?  To state the obvious my poor, poor, time-pressured son is required to take basic addition and subtraction tests with different time limits.  This week he came home with a sort of contract saying that he is committing himself to studying 10 minutes each night so that he can reach his goal of getting 85 addition problems correct in 4 minutes and 65 subtraction problems correct in an additional 4 minutes.  Follow all of that? 

{SIDEBAR:  He is quite awesome at math but the whole timed thing is not his cup of tea!}

I can only go through flashcards so many times.  He knows these "math facts"... who can we turn to to help fine tune these skills? 
GOOGLE!!  That's it - GOOGLE! 
I typed in "math skills" and I found this website.
It's FABULOUS! 
Thousands upon thousands of math drill worksheets!! 
He's gonna hate me tonight but I'M much too competitive to allow this mission to be impossible!!
Happy Homework!
Blessings-B

2 comments:

Janet said...

Great to know! Al has been working on that too but I don't think they are doing TIMED work yet. Something to look forward to! Hope all is well! Tell oldest son that I'm thinking of him!

Sassmaster said...

I'm in favor of slow math myself.