Friday, May 7, 2010

Paper Trail

Mom Tip #253

Paper, paper, and more paper.  The kids go through a rain forest of it in a week.  The local newspaper was advertising "end rolls" for sale.  I had no idea what an end roll involved but I had to find out.  JACKPOT!!

Big honkin' rolls of any weight of paper one can imagine. Once again, the best part was the price of $10 to $15 per roll.  Keep in mind this goldmine may only exist in small towns with small town newspapers.  Another perk of living close to nowhere.


This roll has lasted 4 Picassos almost a year.  That's huge!

 I think this is the start of a Mother's Day masterpiece.  She told me to close my eyes while I took the picture!

Pretty good heart for a 5 year old.  Can't wait to see it completed and the smile of pride on her face.

Good luck in the quest for large, cheap rolls of paper!  They're fun to have around even if you don't have kids.  Imagine the "banner" possibilities.  Welcome Race Fans... Welcome Rodeo Fans...  Happy Birthday, etc.   Are ya pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Blessings - B

1 comment:

Sassmaster said...

I smell what yer steppin' in.