Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Family Tree

Lou Lou was here this weekend.  That's my mom... we call her that sometimes. 

We had the opportunity during nap time on Saturday to spend 3 hours with the beloved Cricut.  She had a few projects in mind and I had one that I hadn't had the guts to try.  Together - we did it!  Sounds so triumphant when actually it just involved putting a vinyl Cricut cut out on an old window.

I forgot to take a picture of the window before I started.  I think you can use your imagination.  The window came from the Habitat Restore for $5.  The hardware is what made me fall in love.



The vinyl is off white and came from Expressions Vinyl for $1.98 a sheet.  I get all of my vinyl from this place. Their options are endless and reasonably priced.  They have lots of usage tips for each product.  Helpful in reducing "Cricut Frustration".

The tree came from the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge.  I made it as big as possible - Fit To Page option.  Then I used the transfer tape to put it on the BACKSIDE of the window. This is so that little fingers can't pick off the pretty tree. 

CAUTION:  the transfer tape is very sticky when it comes to glass.  I suggest cutting off the excess to prevent things sticking where the shouldn't.  Again, every attempt is being made here to eliminate "Cricut Frustration". 

Helpful Hint:  Re-use your transfer tape!  It will let you know when it's had enough.

The finished product-




I like the simplicity.

Not bad for somewhere around $8.00!

Blessings-
B

3 comments:

Janet said...

LOVE IT! I either need one of those or need to come visit. Better yet, I need to get one and bring it to your house for a visit!!! Forever amazed by your creativity and talent....

CheriP said...

That is cool. Love it. Oh endless ideas.

B said...

Thanks!