Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Creation Station

Here's where we create:


This was an old house turned grainery turned barn turned wildlife habitat.  We had our contractor make it into this beautiful "little red house" {that's what we call it - still looking for a fun name - feel free to share an idea}.  It's about 24 x 24.

When we have company, it's perfect for a guest house.

However, most days it's a mess due to our creative urges.

The kids and I put together a felt board last year to help in piecing quilts.  This one is a 3 feet by 4 feet piece of 1/4 inch plywood (cheap stuff).  Cover the wood with spray adhesive and then cover with black felt.


Most fabrics cling nicely to the felt.  It allows a space to arrange and rearrange until one is satisfied.  Of course, I'm never really satisfied with my quilts.  Like right now I see part of this quilt that should have been shuffled a bit.  I bet you see it to!


As far as the missing square at the top... all children have been interrogated and given immunity if the square shows up on the table when Mom isn't looking.  No success so far.  I'm guessing the 2 year-old has it in one of her purses and she's not talking.

Blessings- B

1 comment:

Janet said...

I soooo need a little red house! Or better yet, I need to come live in your little red house! So impressed that you still find time to cut tiny squares of fabric these days!