Friday, August 26, 2011

Have a Seat

More about the "Little Red House"...

Here's the "project/thinkin'/workin'/snackin'/chattin' table. 


Many brilliant ideas are congered up right here and it's NEVER this clean.  {None of these photos are staged - obviously.  Showin' ya how it is.}  Notice the chairs?

This is what they looked like when I brought them home from the Habitat Restore.


For some reason the early-twenty-something-college-student-volunteer-worker thought they were ugly.  Little did she know that my mom would have killed for these chairs when I was in high school!!  Worked to my benefit - they were priced at $10 each and I bought them all for $35.  She mumbled something like "oh please, get those disgusting things out of here".  I felt judged.

But with $10 slipcovers from Sure-Fit I think they are smashing. 



That'll fix Suzie's little red wagon! 

Sidebar:  Here's a pic of the ceiling.  It's galvanized tin barn siding/roofing.  I think it's super cool and I kinda love the picture.


Sidebar #2:  Here's another pic of the felt board with the "new" project pieces on display.  I'm only including this because I like the looks of that pumpkiny orange color with black.  Happy moment.


Sidebar#3:  Kids are back in school.  These 2 photos crack me up.  The first - the big fourth grade brother is not happy about being requested to put his arms around his sisters.  {Makes me a bit sad, also}

The second- it looks like Woody the Newfoundland is going to eat the girls!  However, I know inside he's big ole dog head he's thinkin', "thank goodness these two drama queens are going back to school!"  Dorks.


Blessings- B




2 comments:

Janet said...

So I am re-posting my comment from the other day that I so carefully constructed but google seemed to have gobbled up somewhere because it disappeared! Anywho, I was just so excited to finally see the INSIDE of your little red house! I spied that cabinet behind your chair and I have one EXACTLY like it except mine is a hideous orangey brown stain. I am totally doing the dark stain and taking those bottom doors off just like yours! I was about to consign it to the antique store to sell. Gail will be so disappointed that you saved it! ha ha

B said...

More of the red house to come...maybe it will look enticing in the next post. And...duh...never get rid of a tall hutch lookin' kind of thing...so handy. Sorry Gail!