Monday, June 15, 2009

Goodwill Hunting


Saturday we loaded up the van and took the family to "town". Dad had his usual farmer-never-leaves-the-farm kind of stuff to do and then he graciously gave me and the sisters 30 minutes in the Goodwill store. You can't beat a Goodwill when lookin' for a junk fix!

Here's what I found:

The little white mirror will look splendid in the sisters' room.

The old file box is FABULOUS - don't know where it's going but it's fabulous!
The bulletin board goes to #1's bedroom. He always has artwork and projects that need showcasing!

And my favorite thing of all... the old frame. I have some old flashcards and burlap that will reside in that beauty (pics to follow).

All of this joy and treasure for only $16.46!! We also picked up a life jacket for our peddle boat adventures, a few clothing items, a jump rope, and a pink fisherman's hat for #3.

Next Topic:

So... last night M and I were talking about trying to lose a few more pounds. He mentioned that it's my fault he's gained a little fluff because I keep junk food in the house!! How can I not when he comes in throwing cabinet doors open yelling, "I need something to eat!" THIS IS COMING FROM THE MAN WHO ATE 1/2 POUND OF BACON, 3 EGGS, AND A LOAF OF BREAD FOR BREAKFAST every morning when I met him. Ok, ya wanna change things? Be careful what you ask for.

My challenge to me: I have $90 in my wallet right now. For the next 2 weeks I will not (or make an effort not to) spend any money on groceries. Don't get me wrong - my family will not starve. We have a freezer full of meat and plenty of other goods in the pantry. However, the junk food always goes first... week #2 could get ugly! I'll let you know.

Blessings-B

1 comment:

Sassmaster said...

You go girl. The next time he's yelling about something to eat, hand him a bag of baby carrots. Ha!