Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shed Some Light

A new favorite place... are you listening!... The Habitat for Humanity Restore! Great place filled with castoff building materials. I bought a sink (did she say sink?) for the "guest house" for $5.00 and a medicine cabinet for $10.00!

I was in heaven... the knobs, the trim, the cabinets, the furniture, the wood. There was this wonderful piece of slate chalkboard. It had a SOLD tag on it but I talked the lady into calling the guy that supposedly bought it (but never paid the balance) to see if he still wanted it. After all it has been there since the first of August and never been picked up. It needs the love and attention that only someone like I could give it. Anyhoo, she left a message for him, I'll let you know if I get it or not. Double cross your fingers!

This beauty of a lamp made it home with me for $1.00.



















After a little spray paint, burlap, and ribbon - VOILA!





It looks fantastic in the kitchen. So warm and cozy like - I feel the need to bake!

Blessings -B

No comments: