Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dresser For #1

The auction crew (3 daughters) and I hit a sale last weekend. I was so thrilled and excited to attend, only to be horribly disappointed in not only the goods, but in the auctioneer! M warned me about this guy but I didn't believe him - imagine that?! Lesson learned. No matter how enticing, the next sale conducted by this guy will not be attended by me and the crew.

Task at hand:

#1 needed a dresser and we found one at said sale...$15.00!



The ladies were getting a little tired/bored waiting for Mom to make the big buy. So, what better way to nurture a child than with FOOD? {A topic for their therapist in years to come} I'm tellin' ya - a bag of peanuts in the shell can keep a kid or 2 busy for a good hour!


The dresser was obviously very ugly so we did a little sanding and then painted it with what? That's right, black spray paint! After it dried then we did what? That's right, roughed up the edges with the sander. And then we did one of my favorite things... painted some words on our creation.

VOILA!



OK - so here's how I do my "stenciling"...

1. Use your computer to print the words just like you want them

2. Place carbon paper behind the paper and trace the words onto the surface.

3. Then take a wonderful think called a "paint pen" {purchased at ANY craft store} and fill in the lines!

4. This is VERY EASY! If you want to put words on your wall just like EVERYONE is doing - use the "banner" option on your publishing program to print out the inspiring quote suitable for your wall!
I love the way this turned out - M even said he liked it!!! Woo... Hoo..

Blessings- B

3 comments:

Sassmaster said...

Oh you're good. What'd the auctioneer do wrong? Price everything badly?

Anonymous said...

So does he really put his clothes in the proper drawers just because you labeled the dresser? I gotta try that! LOVE IT! Keep up the great work girls!!!!
J'Rie

B said...

Where do I begin with the auctioneer... slow...jumping bids...taking bids that didn't exist, etc...
AND, of course, #1 puts all his stuff where it belongs - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!