Tuesday, October 20, 2009

$16 of Unadulterated Fun

Monday's trip to Goodwill provided me with all of what's pictured below for only $16.00!

{I am so not a photographer!  Oh, how I long to be!}
My weekly budget for "thrifting" is $25.00.  Those of you thinking, "she needs a junk budget?" - trust me, it's necesssary.  However, if there's something out there that I really "need", then the budget is merely a guideline - you understand.  I digress.  With these limits in place, one is sure to realize how excited I may have been to get so much for so little.  To the untrained eye it may look like junk but it's oh, so much more.
The "Trick or Treat" bucket found itself full off Halloween candy (currently hidden from those sticky hands that belong to M and four of the five children).  The corboral (is that what it's called) thingy in the middle I love but it's in purgatory waiting for its assigned spot.  The candles got a new home in the bathroom.  And finally, the candlesticks and cheese plate got a fresh new coat of.........black spray paint!


The birdcage came from an auction and no one wanted it - I dug it out of the dumpster, painted it black, and added a crow.

There's a glittery skull inside these plate. Would you call that "head cheese"? HA

Who can't love a pumpkin on a candlestick?
Blessings-B

3 comments:

Sassmaster said...

OMG, how is it that you don't have your own show? Someone call SD public TV, stat!

B said...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Do go on! HA

Anonymous said...

OK, YOU have inspired me. I've decided that I don't need sleep. I can do this!!!!!! Can't wait to hit GOODWILL! Thanks for the inspiration! Keep up the good work! SDakotaSue