Friday, December 9, 2011

Freezer Paper

Just in case you don't know of the perfect union between freezer paper and the Cricut...

Cut out the desired shape, number, character on your Cricut {make sure to put the shiny side DOWN on the mat}.  Have your 6 year-old "weed" the parts you want to paint.


Iron the freezer paper to the fabric shiny side down.  I usually use a medium setting on my iron...depends on the fabric.


Have the continually talking 6 year-old paint inside the stencil.  I just use acrylic paints unless we're doing t-shirts.  Then we use fabric paint so that we can wash the finished project.


Stand up and smile.
Allow to dry.


Peal off the stencil and admire.



This is a great kid project.

They could be used for just about anything. 
These two are going to be pillows in the Little Red House...
maybe they will be finished by this Christmas.

Feeling behind in my Christmas duties...anyone else?

Becky


4 comments:

Farmwife down the road said...

Don't feel bad about being behind! I'm still trying to get last year's Christmas letter out!

Janet said...

And just one more reason why I can hardly wait to get my CRICUT!!!!!! Betty got up at 5am on Black Friday to get me one at Menards for a $119. Bless her heart! And I went to our local Walmart who price matched the Menards add and got 6 cartridges for $12 a piece. I AM SO EXCITED. Post more Cricut tips for me :)

Mary Connor said...

Cool stuff! What is the significance of the 25?

B said...

25...December 25th...Christmas.