Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cattle For Sale

Happy Sunday evening! 
Hope you've all had a relaxing and/or productive weekend.  Whichever you prefer.

I saw this photo in the September edition of Country Sampler.  I'm not usually one for stuff THIS primitive but the sign on the wall caught my attention. 
 

We don't have pigs anymore but, hey, we've got some cattle around. 

Here's how it went...

Found the perfect rough-sawn board in the barn.  Spray painted it black.  Did a reverse stencil thingy-thing.  Cut out the letters on the Cricut and used spray adhesive to stick them on the board.  The edge is masking tape.


Spray painted the whole thing with white paint.


It wasn't perfect when I took the letters and tape off...but that's the way we want it now, don't we?


I abused it with the sander and rubbed a coat of "Early American" stain over the whole thing.

The result is a vintage-been-on-a-fencepost-for-30-years look.


I'm STILL squealing with delight when I walk through the dining room

My cowgirl model likes it too.

Later Taters-
Becky

2 comments:

Janet said...

LOVE it! Christmas presents anyone?????

B said...

I'll keep that in mind!