Thursday, September 22, 2011

Company's Coming

Hey, girls!

My sister is coming this weekend!  I'm so excited for her to be here because I have lots of projects planned for us to do together {she doesn't know that, yet... she says with an evil taskmaster tone}.

I had to show you how we decorated the bed in The Little Red House for her stay.


Do I mean anything by this?  Of course, I do.  Hellooo... she's my sister! 
 Even better...my LITTLE sister.


The idea for the "Wicked" banner came from Miss Mustard Seed
I love her stuff and want to grow up to be just like her.


The bed was my grandmother's.  It was 1960's maple - not 1930's oak - therefore, I felt comfortable painting it FLAT black.  Think it looks cool with the wood on the walls.


The holster came from a little antique store in Franklin, IN.  Quite the cowboy look.


For the "cowhide" pillow, I tea-stained black and WHITE fabric that were curtains in the girls' room.  Then sewed them together with chunky flat-fold seems.

The witch pillow...I ADORE the witch pillow.  Mostly because I love using freezer paper stencils.  I used the CriCut to cut a stencil of the witch - ironed it on to the fabric {waxy side down} - then used soft black to paint the witch onto the fabric/drop cloth.  Then whip it into a pillow. 

Sidebar:  I get all of my "pillowforms" from Goodwill.  Usually, throw pillows are only a dollar and after a wash they are more than great under another homemade pillow cover.


The dress form is dressed in a thrift store black witch-like dress and draped in orange organza.  The orange came from the fabric bin at Goodwill.  Kinda fun, huh?

I'll share our weekend projects soon.

Sleep tight!
Becky

2 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

It looks great!!!

Janet said...

Love it all. Hope you and T stay out of TROUBLE this weekend! Wish I could be a mouse in the corner watching you crafters! Don't forget about the kids while you work!