Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wanted: Desk

Well...I needed another desk for the office. 
{Actually, just another flat surface to pile papers on.}
So, I went to Goodwill.
For $20.00 I came home with this solid wood table.




See the fun stuff painted around the edge? 
  


The cat thought it a perfect place to take an afternoon bath.

Then...

...I kicked the cat off...

... sanded the heck out of the top...

...painted the base black...

...re stained the top...

...distressed the base...

...and waxed the whole thing with clear wax.



Unfortunately, all the fun edge painting had to go.  No time for pickiness.  The kids would be home in an hour!


AND - I actually tried to stage something.

Not bad for a rookie!


{I used the sedum because the dog laid in it and broke all the stems off!}
{No decorating/staging knowledge used for that one.}

I read somewhere (regarding children and homemaking)-

"Do ONE thing everyday that 'they' can't undo."

If you're a mom, you definitely know what this means...and how good this feels!

Becky

2 comments:

Janet said...

LOVE the table! LOVE the photography! LOVE the bicycle leaning on the tree in the background! LOVE the flowers everywhere in the back! LOVE your puppies and the fact that they know how to help you pick the best flowers for decor cuz ya know you would never go chop them off if they were standing tall and pretty!

Janet said...

Oh... and I LOVE the new look of your blog. Great header!