Thursday, November 3, 2011

Harvest

A few random end of the season farming thoughts...

Corn harvest is winding down.  A good feeling for our guys. I'm listening to the trucks roar by our house as they try to get a field done late into the night.  They work so hard to keep this "well-oiled machine" operating at maximum efficiency.  I tell Mike from time to time that I sure couldn't do what they do ...together...as brothers...as sons...as uncles...as nephews.  Their father is so proud.  I'm grateful for their efforts.  We lead a darn good life.  Exhausting at times but darn good. 
It's been a great year.  Almost perfect growing and harvesting conditions. 
I only had my camera with me a couple days during bean harvest.  These pics were taken about a month ago.  The colors, oh, the colors!



Supper in the field.

Lasagna - can you tell?
Talking over what they might do next, who they will ride with, how they'll do it different when they "get big", and "Hey, you gonna eat that cookie?"
Wonder what she's thinking about. 
So long harvest.  So long fall.  Time to keep things safe and warm 'til spring comes again.
Winter IS coming. I've been in denial.
  Maybe this weekend I'll put my patio furniture away.
Becky

1 comment:

Janet said...

HOLY COW those are some AMAZING BEAUTIFUL photos! Totally worthy of open class photography at the fair next year!! I continue to be shocked and amazed at how much your kids are growing. I am so sad that I haven't seen you all for so long! Makes me miss you even more!! Love you! ~JR