Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Recap

Happy day after Halloween.  The farmers are working late to get corn harvest wrapped up before the possible rain/snow reaches us later in the week.  So instead of eating my way through the candy BUCKET; I thought I'd share some photos of our Hallows Eve activities.

First on the must-do list:

Carve the pumpkins!

This year I raced home a little early and gutted all 5 of them before the kids got home.  Some extra work for me but more efficient in the long run.  I'd also like to add that we didn't get the pumpkins planted until June this year due to the wet spring.  This led to SMALL pumpkins.  Worked out great for the "pumpkin gutter" - the littler the pumpkin, the easier to gut!  All these years of motherhood and I just NOW figured that out.  Usually, I persuade the kids to pick out the biggest ones they can find.  Then make the child carry the 40# pumpkin to the house.  They can be such whiners.

Daughter #1 is an expert when it comes to organization and efficiency...


...need I say more?

Second on the must-do list:

Take the traditional photo of each kid with their pumpkin in their chosen holiday attire.

Wait...who's this creepy old guy?


It's number 1. (aka Uncle Fester) 


#2 - funky witch...very nice symmetrical "holes", #2.  How DOES she do it?


#3 - our resident pissed-off angel.  She's not having the time of her life.  Aunt T made her wishes come true with the costume but she drew the short straw when it came time to choose pumpkins.  This is a forced smile.


#4 - the bull rider. Equipped with a cowbell donated by his cousin.  Those of you who remember him last year...this is totally different from being "just a cowboy".  (wink, wink)


#5 - the duck.  She's only a duck because mother guilt set in and I (Nana helped) HAD to make her a costume .  I'd made all the other kids a costume once in their lives...(and the dialog goes on from there in my tiny little guilt ridden mind)


Third on the list:

The family picture.


Dad's a bull fighter, for obvious reasons and I'm a knight. I love saying this part..."My mom made my costume." Seriously, she did, I swear. Actually she made it for my niece who wore it in a horse show. The horse has matching garb - I chose not to ride the horse through the streets of town. People might talk.

Fourth on the list:

Picture for the Christmas Card


"Funny face" pictures are my favorite!

Only one fun-sized bag of Skittles was harmed during the making of this post. 

Becky

2 comments:

Sassmaster said...

Awesome Halloween pics, as usual! That's some concentrated adorableness. Are you sure your husband isn't a rodeo clown? I've never seen a bull rider wear those suspenders....

B said...

Bull fighter is a "cooler" term for "rodeo clown" in some circles. Atleast that's what my husband and sons tell me.