Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Overscheduled.

So... I have completely over scheduled myself for the last week in October.  It's no one's fault but my own.  I AM NOT A VICTIM! {She says with resounding strength!}  Instead of pulling up my boot straps and fulfilling my obligations, I chose to spend a bit of precious time on Facebook.  Honestly, I may spend 20 minutes a month on Facebook.  Is that bad?  Some would say yes.  But I {with resounding strength} say "NO".  It's okay to be different.  Really, it is.

During my 15 minutes of down time, I checked on my dear friend Lucy.  She just so happens to be my dear sister-in-law.  She's brilliant and has an incredible sense of humor.  {and, no, I'm not just writing that because she's reading this!}  Lucy posted this link:


You have got to read this entire post.  I think most of us can relate.  The comments about hoarding kind of slapped me in the face.  That's ok... the truth hurts.  But this guy is SPOT ON with the whole social group thing.  Now you're curious, aren't you?

Check it out!

Have a great non-keep-up-with-the-Jones' kinda day!

Becky

p.s. Thanks, Lucy. I needed that!

2 comments:

Sassmaster said...

Aww! Thanks for the shout out, lady! I'm trying to start blogging again, too, but it'll probably be a lot of complaining about my job for a while. I'm kind of one-track these days. I miss your lovely face!

Sassmaster said...

And girlfriend, you are no hoarder. You experience the Gosmire house -- now that's hoarding. Also, these people will make you feel better:
http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

(especially if you clean out a drawer while you're watching)